Terms and Conditions
Any commercial business that provides consumer goods or services in the Maryland area and meets the business criteria is eligible to apply with the Veteran Friendly Businesses (VFB) Committee for certification as a Veteran Friendly Business. Once approved, the business will:
- Be recognized as a Veteran Friendly Establishment
- Be provided a decal for display on the front door, window, etc.
- Be listed in the Veteran Friendly Businesses Magazine and Website
- Be provided a display stand for the Veteran Friendly Businesses Magazine
Prior to VFB Status
You will receive a brief orientation regarding the program and will need to be signed off by a member of the Veteran Friendly Businesses Committee Member.
Once You're Designated
The business will remain a VFB for a three-year period as long as the establishment continues to meet the Business Criteria. After the initial three-year period recertification is required. The Veteran Friendly Businesses certification remains in effect unless the business is found noncompliant at which time the certification may be revoked.
Businesses must meet the following criteria to be listed as a Veteran Friendly Business
- Provide published, routine discounts on Veterans purchases. All discounts should meaningful, unique to the program, and continuous
- Must provide a prominent location within your business for the magazine stand
- Placement of a window sticker at the front entrance of your business (on a glass window or glass door)
Logo will be 7" x 2.5"
Businesses are also encouraged to make a voluntary donation to support participating Maryland Non-Profit Veteran Organizations (a $100 - $300 donation is suggested). There is no required contribution for the first year in the program which goes through 12/31/19. A contribution to participating Maryland Non-Profit Veteran Organizations may be required to remain in the program after 12/31/19.
All checks are made payable to: Marine Corps League Detachment 1084. Funds will then be distributed to participating Maryland Non-Profit Veteran Organizations.
All donations are on an annual calendar year basis (any payments received for the remainder of 2019 will count for the 2020 calendar year).